[CLN-list] make failed on .libs/exam

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at thep.physik.uni-mainz.de
Sat Oct 23 18:41:05 CEST 2004

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004, Bruno Haible wrote:
> Werner Horbelt wrote:
> > ../src/.libs/libcln.so: undefined reference to
> > `_GLOBAL__I_cl_module__cl_SV_ringelt__firstglobalfun'
>
> I thought this was fixed in cln-1.1.8. Which version of cln are you attempting
> to build?

Well, it seems to be CLN 1.1.8 because of the shared library name
libcln.so.3.0.2, see below.  The thing that got fixed in CLN 1.1.8 was a
runtime crash in the module ordering code on x86_64 when built as a shared
library.  Symbol failures had nothing to do with it, as far as I know.

: *** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -lgmp.
: *** I have the capability to make that library automatically link in when
: *** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
: *** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have
: *** because I did check the linker path looking for a file starting
: *** with libgmp but no candidates were found. (...for file magic test)
: *** The inter-library dependencies that have been dropped here will be
: *** automatically added whenever a program is linked with this library
: *** or is declared to -dlopen it.
: gcc -shared ... -o .libs/libcln.so.3.0.2

BTW, what is that entire message trying to tell me?  If LD_LIBRARY_PATH
was missing one should not be able to configure with gmp in the first
place.  Werner, can you try specifying --without-gmp on CLN's configure
command line?  Since you asked, it refers to <http://www.swox.com/gmp/>.

> > ../src/.libs/libcln.so: undefined reference to `mulu64_high'
> > ../src/.libs/libcln.so: undefined reference to `divu_64_rest'
>
> We have to look into this...

Strange.  Unfortunately, I am without access to such a machine.  What I
fail to see is how that can possibly be different from amd_64, where I
compiled and tortured CLN during the last two weeks?  Werner, please tell
us what your CPPFLAGS and CXXFLAGS were.

Regards