[CLN-list] make failed on .libs/exam

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at thep.physik.uni-mainz.de
Wed Oct 27 08:55:06 CEST 2004

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 horbelt at uni-freiburg.de wrote:
> 2. the line causing the linker errors is
> g++ -g -O2 $objects -o .libs/exam  ../src/.libs/libcln.so -lgmp
> -lm -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/scratch/werner//lib
> with objects="exam*.o"
>
> can anybody tell me which of tests/exam*.o, src/.libs/libcln.so
> or libgmp.so is supposed to contain these symbols like
> _GLOBAL__I_cl_module__cl_GV_number__firstglobalfun?

These symbols are unresolved in libcln.so proper rather than in exam*.o.

> Ralf, could you look on your system?
> I know nm shows symbols in object files and libs.
> or which subpart of these names do I have to search for?

Since it seems to work elsewhere, maybe you should start having a look at
your toolchain, now.  The major Linux distributors have a track record of
patching GCC enough to cause problems which are absent in vanilla sources.
Could you compile some recent binutils into a local prefix, then bootstrap
GCC 3.4.2 and try these?

Regards