[CLN-list] cln 1.1.9

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at ginac.de
Fri Mar 11 11:30:16 CET 2005

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005, Andrej Ricnik-Bay wrote:
> > > strace -o exam.out exam
> >
> > No.  Just a plain
> > cd tests
> > gdb exam
> > run
> > [watch it crash]
> > bt
> Hmmm ... won't work.
>
>  gdb exam
> GNU gdb 6.3
> welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions.
> This GDB was configured as
> "i486-slackware-linux"..."/home/andrej/source/cln_1.1.9/tests/exam":
> not in executable format: File format not recognized
>
> No symbol table is loaded.  Use the "file" command.
> (gdb) run
> Starting program:
> No executable file specified.
> Use the "file" or "exec-file" command.
> (gdb) quit
>
> closer look: exam is a shell wrapper, and I don't understand
> the inner workings.

In essence, the shell wrapper ensures that the library is found during
execution by setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  You might try doing this by hand.

Alternatively, I recommend you reconfigure CLN as a static library only
by passing the --disable-shared flag to configure.  That will make exam
directly executable without libtool's shell wrapper.

Regards