[CLN-list] How to cite cln

Bruno Haible bruno at clisp.org
Fri Jun 9 14:44:15 CEST 2006

Hello,

> I want to know how it is the correct form to cite cln.
>
> 	1. first in a paper?

Like in cln/doc/ratseries/paper/binsplit.bib, with updated URL:

  @UNPUBLISHED{96a,
   author = "Bruno Haible",
   title = "{CLN}, a class library for numbers",
   note = "Available from {\tt http://www.ginac.de/CLN/}",
   year = "1996"}

> 	2. in a GNU-software for Linux that uses the library?

  Bruno Haible, Richard Kreckel: CLN, a class library for numbers.
  http://www.ginac.de/CLN/

Please don't abbreviate the first names; my name is "Bruno Haible",
not "Haible, B.". You can convince TeX to not abbreviate by using
braces around the name: "{Haible, Bruno}".

Thanks for asking this and giving proper credit!

Bruno