[CLN-list] Re: Compiling CLN on Intel Macs

Christian Fleck christian.fleck at fdm.uni-freiburg.de
Mon Mar 6 23:54:23 CET 2006

Dear Bruno,

actually I don't know how to do this here. I run configure with "--
disable-shared"; what else should I do?
I fear that static linking is somewhat not easy, because it says in
the man pages for gcc:
"-static
            On systems that support dynamic linking, this prevents
linking with
            the shared libraries.  On other systems, this option has
no effect.

            This option will not work on Mac OS X unless all
libraries (includ-
            ing libgcc.a) have also been compiled with -static.
Since neither
            a static version of libSystem.dylib nor crt0.o are
provided, this
            option is not useful to most people."

I tried to use the static flag with the result:

"/usr/bin/ld: can't locate file for: -lcrt0.o
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status"

Christian