[CLN-list] Overriding read_number_bad_syntax on OS X

Ron Garret ron at flownet.com
Sun May 13 22:01:21 CEST 2007

On May 12, 2007, at 1:11 PM, Richard B. Kreckel wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Ron Garret wrote:
>> Where do I send them?
>

> Feel free to send them to this list.

OK, here's a minimalist version.  It only changes cl_abort.cc:

namespace cln {

void (*cl_abort_hook)(int) = exit;

void cl_abort (void)
{
   cl_abort_hook(1);
}

}  // namespace cln

I have tested this on OS X with the following client code:

namespace cln {
   extern void (*cl_abort_hook)(int);
   void cl_reader_error(int status) { throw status; }
}

and it works.  I have not tested in on Linux, but I have no reason to
believe it would behave any differently there.

An improved version would replace cl_read_number_XXX with functions
that assembled the error message as a string instead of outputting it
to cerr, and calling cl_abort_hook with that string, with a default
cl_abort_hook that printed the string to cerr and then called exit,
but I thought I'd start with the smaller version just to test the
waters.

This patch is small enough that it probably doesn't matter, but for
future reference, what is the preferred format for submitting
patches? diff?  diff -e?  diff -n?  Can I send a darcs patch?

rg