[CLN-list] Re: New version of MAYBE_INLINE patch

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at ginac.de
Thu Jan 17 23:55:29 CET 2008

Dear Alexei,

Alexei Sheplyakov wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 16, 2008 at 11:22:30PM +0100, Richard B. Kreckel wrote:
>
>> Your patch did not touch these:
>>
>> rbk at wallace:~/projects/cln-1.2/src$ grep -r inline_ .
>
> It requires moving inline versions of zerop and minusp from cl_{I,RA}.h,
> and changing (quite a number of) files to #include cl_{I,RA}_{zero,minus}p.cc
> instead of cl_{I,RA}.h. That would make the patch even more ugly, so
> I'd better do this as a separate patch.

Okay. I mentioned it because it is another case where we are violating
the standard: zerop(const cl_I&) is inlined in files including cl_I.h,
but we emit a function inside cl_I_zerop.cc, too.

Cheers
   -richy.

PS: After your last changes, the patch is not too ugly, after all. With
  the documentation in cl_maybe_inline.h, it is actually maintainable.