[CLN-list] CLN 1.2.0

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at ginac.de
Sun Jan 20 21:57:08 CET 2008

Hi Jörg!

Joerg Arndt wrote:
> Congratulations!

Thank you.

> builds and checks fine with openSUSE 10.3 (X86-64)

Can't you add it to the next openSUSE, together with GiNaC, please?  It
was so annoying when I upgraded my machine at work to openSUSE 10.2 and
found that the only reasonably usable calculator (ginsh) has
disappeared.  And how can you live without that pi program?

> May I suggest to add a AGM based pi-computation?

Well, patches are very welcome!  ;-)

> Two observations:
> by default you use
>  (1) only -O, I suggest to use -O2 (but not -O3).

We encourage people to export CXXFLAGS!

>  (2) no warnings!, I suggest to use
>  -W -Wall -Wconversion -Wsign-promo -Wsign-compare -Wunused \
>  -Wshadow -Wundef
>   ... and -Werror if you are daring
>   ... valgrind for further headaches  ;-)

:)