[CLN-list] CLN 1.2.0

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at ginac.de
Mon Jan 21 18:00:01 CET 2008

Dear Jörg,

Joerg Arndt wrote:
> The reasons that the CLN and GiNaC packages were a bit of a
> maintenance nightmare were the things I mentioned in the
> mail before.  These suggestions should be seriously considered.
> Most fixes we needed were so tricky that I had to bother the
> compiler folks pretty much constantly!

What reasons in that other mail explain why CLN or GiNaC were or are a
maintenance nightmare? They compile out of the box using GCC, they pass
make check, install cleanly and generally work. If not, why not send a
bug report?

I hope you don't mean failing to compile with -W -Wall -Wconversion
-Wsign-promo -Wsign-compare -Wunused -Wshadow -Wundef -Werror.

Cheers