[CLN-list] Re: CLN on OS X

Alexei Sheplyakov varg at theor.jinr.ru
Wed Jan 23 07:49:02 CET 2008

Hello!

On Tue, Jan 22, 2008 at 02:26:20PM -0800, Ron Garret wrote:
> How do you force CLN to build in 64-bit mode?

It's the default on my platform (GNU/Linux/amd64).

> None of the "obvious"  things I tried worked (e.g.
> ./configure --build=x86_64

This "obvious" way is plain wrong. First, --build means:

`--build=BUILD-TYPE'
     the type of system on which the package is being configured and
     compiled.

So, setting this is pointless, unless you also set --host.

Secondly, the value `x86_64' is wrong. It should be CPU-OS-VENDOR.
On GNU/Linux/amd64 it's x86_64-linux-gnu (or something like that).

> CFLAGS=-m64  CXXFLAGS=-m64 ./configure

This one should work. If not, set --host AND --build (host == build,
otherwise autoconf will think you are cross compiling and will get
it wrong). Unfortunately, I don't know that magic string for your OS.

Best regards,
	Alexei

--
All science is either physics or stamp collecting.