[CLN-list] msvc support patch

Bruno Haible bruno at clisp.org
Tue Apr 21 01:08:44 CEST 2009

Michael Goffioul wrote:
> (Just for the record, I didn't find back this verbiage in GPLv3).

The relevant paragraph in GPLv3 is the one that talks about "aggregate".

> Grand. I'll strip symbolic package from future octave binary
> releases.

Oh, it's not only about CLN/GiNAC. The octave binary for Windows also
contains a libreadline binary, which is also under GPL.

I have written to licensing at fsf dot org, asking them about the apparent
contradiction between these clauses of the GPL and their FAQ. I'll let you
know about the outcome.

Bruno