[CLN-list] cln/ginac port to windows

Michael Miller millermj at mail.lemoyne.edu
Mon Aug 24 23:11:15 CEST 2009

Having a need to do high-precision calculations in both Linux and
Windows, I've ported cln and ginac to Windows, and I thought it'd be
appropriate to share the results.  (I've been using cln for a couple of
years now, and I'm deeply impressed with it.  I haven't yet gotten far
into ginac, but it's something that I'd also like to support.)

I have:

1) A 47MB zip file, containing
   - the gcc compiler, ported under mingw, along with the gmp and cln
     libraries
   - the notepad++ editor
   - a batch file that allows notepad++ to be used as a simple ide

2) A 69MB zip file containing all of the above, plus the ginac
   libraries.

3) A rather detailed summary of the process used to assemble the above.

When unzipped, the resulting code can be used on any Windows machine
without the need for installation or presence of cygwin (it will even
run directly from a CD).  This will make cln and ginac accessible to a
wider audience, which is why I thought it'd be a good idea to share it.

It makes sense to have these files hosted on the official ginac/cln
site.  Any suggestions about who I should contact to make arrangements?

Thanks!

Mike Miller