[CLN-list] automake-1.14 dependency

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at in.terlu.de
Wed Mar 27 21:59:35 CET 2019

Hi Luc,

On 27.03.19 18:20, Luc de Jonckheere wrote:
> When I built CLN, it failed making it.
> "autoconf/missing" requires automake-1.14.
>
> This dependency isn't listed in the install/build documentation
> (https://www.ginac.de/CLN/cln.html#Installing-the-library).
> Building was successful after installing this dependency.
>
> I think it should either be listed 1.14 is specifically needed, or the
> source should be edited to support the latest version (which is 1.16 at
> the moment).

I don't see this dependency. As a matter of fact, I've no trouble
building CLN on a Debian system with automake 1.16.

Can you, please, describe precisely how you built CLN and how it failed?

All my best,
   -richy.

PS: Also, please subscribe to the list. Otherwise, it is sheer luck
whether your email get's through or not (and when).