[CLN-list] MinGW64 build

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at in.terlu.de
Tue Nov 5 10:01:39 CET 2019

Hi Bruno,

On 05.11.19 02:21, Bruno Haible wrote:
> It has broken the ABI, unfortunately. Looking at the changes in the
> include files, excluding inline functions:
>
>   - fprintdecimal (std::ostream& stream, unsigned long x)
>     fprintdecimal (std::ostream& stream, long x)
>     no longer exist.
>   - fprintdecimal_impl (std::ostream& stream, uintptr_t x)
>     fprintdecimal_impl (std::ostream& stream, intptr_t x)
>     were added and are used by the new include files.
>
> Therefore someone who compiles with the old include files
> and links with the new library will see link errors
> (missing fprintdecimal symbols),
> and someone who compiles with the new include files
> and links with the old library will see link errors
> (missing fprintdecimal_impl symbols).
>
> fprintdecimal is documented.

Yes, I'm aware of that. And to me, that seems to be all. I'm just
pondering if it would be worth preserving the ABI by making them non-inline.

  -richy.

PS: After a successful dry-run on many architectures (though all GCC),
I'ld like to do a release soon:
<https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=cln&suite=experimental>