[CLN-list] CLN switched to C++11

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at in.terlu.de
Sun Oct 27 15:03:03 CET 2019

Hi,

On 10/27/19 2:31 PM, Bruno Haible wrote:
> Unfortunately, this removes the ability to build with the MSVC compiler:
> The configuration bails out with
>    configure: error: *** A compiler with support for C++11 language features is required.
>
> This is with MSVC 14 (Visual Studio 2015) [1] which is quite recent.
>
> The '#ifdef _MSC_VER' in include/cln/number.h shows that there is some
> interest in having MSVC support, no?

Hmm, I'm confused about the status of MSVC: Jan Rheinländer has proposed
f725e59b specifically for Win64, but that's clearly a C++11 language
feature. Is a compiler that came out in 2014 really recent? Visual
Studio 2017 claims to be C++17, after all. I have no Windows machine.

And I just committed the second patch relying on C++11.  :-/