[CLN-list] CLN switched to C++11

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at in.terlu.de
Sun Oct 27 19:28:42 CET 2019

On 27.10.19 16:03, Jan Rheinländer wrote:
> MSVC seems to accept C++11 by default. For some reason, in spite of that> the configure test fails on MSVC.

Maybe you could check and see why ax_cxx_compile_stdcxx.m4 fails? One of
the tests after _AX_CXX_COMPILE_STDCXX_testbody_new_in_11 must be
failing. If it's an issue with that script, it should be discussed upstream.

All in all, after having ported lots of code to C++11, I must say that
things simply become much more consistent. C++11 gives us lambda
expressions, rvalue references, more consistent constructors, uniform
initialization, etc. etc.

Are really many people stuck with MSVC 14?