[GiNaC-devel] Branch or HEAD?

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at ginac.de
Wed Dec 12 22:31:12 CET 2007

Alexei Sheplyakov wrote:
>> Is GiNaC-1.4 branched already?
>
> Yes. The are some commits which touch only master (a.k.a. HEAD) branch,
> see
>
> http://159.93.129.199/gitweb.cgi?p=ginac.git;a=commitdiff_plain;h=a5196f57af6539d8a25a866ad9cf8d836dd8e3df

I check out GiNaC with no -r flag from CVS and compare that to
ginac-1.4.1 released three weeks ago. The link above contains several
patches. But: The one for add.cpp is applied in both versions, the one
for power.h is applied to the CVS version only. That is confusing.

Oh, well. I want to make sure that a patch I just made will get into
releases 1.4.2 and 1.5.0. Can someone please tell me how I can
accomplish that?

Confused