[GiNaC-devel] Powers of exponents

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at ginac.de
Sun Oct 4 21:23:45 CEST 2009

Hi!

I wrote:
> I'll push a patch for the exp function and for doc/powerlaws.tex.

Well, I didn't push it yet because it turns out that it interferes in
surprising ways with mul::eval(). We used to have exp(x)/exp(x) -> 1 but
that doesn't work any more because exp(x)^(-1) evaluates to exp(-x)
first, resulting in exp(x)/exp(x) -> exp(x)*exp(-x).  :-(

Unless somebody comes up with a convincing idea how to fix eval() in the
presence of pow(exp(x),a) -> exp(a*x) I'm not going to apply this patch.

Bye