configure suggestion

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at ThEP.Physik.Uni-Mainz.DE
Fri Dec 3 12:57:22 CET 1999

On 1 Dec 1999 nbecker at fred.net wrote:
> No.  Starting with gcc-2.95 (IIRC) it won't automatically look in
> /usr/local/include.  On systems (such as linux) where gcc is the
> native compiler, installed with --prefix=/usr, /usr/local/include is
> no longer automatically checked.

I have version 2.95.1 19990816 sitting under /data/scratch/prefix/bin/ and
it finds the headers under /usr/local/include/.

> I didn't notice that GiNaC looks for CLN/ until after installing cln,
> so I just put a symlink from CLN->cln.

We had the suggestion to write a script cln-config and get this into CLN,
that just does what gtk-config does for gtk.  Maybe this would be a good
idea.

Regards
     -rbk.
<Richard.Kreckel at Uni-Mainz.DE>