configure cannot find headers for libreadline

Chris Dams chrisd at sci.kun.nl
Thu Jul 12 11:49:02 CEST 2001

Hello everybody,

Configure cannot find the headers for libreadline, although they are
definately present. I tried setting the CPPFLAGS as in
setenv CPPFLAGS -I/usr/locacal/gnu/include
./configure --prefix=/home/thef/chrisd/c++
but still configure does not find them. Does somebody know how to solve
this problem? Note: I am on a unix where I am not allowd to set symlinks
in system include dirs. (If this were allowed, I would probably not be
posting anything here).

Greetings,
Chris Dams