Unable to create 3x8 matrix having real numbers.

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at thep.physik.uni-mainz.de
Sun Jan 13 12:48:40 CET 2002

Hi,

On Sun, 13 Jan 2002, Ananda Murthy R S wrote:
[...]
> Can somebody tell me what is the problem? Is there any limit on the
> dimensions of the matrix that can be created in GiNaC?
[...]

No, there is no limit on the dimension of the matrix, but lst() is a call
to a constructor and we can only have a finite number of such
precompiled ctors.  We have to draw a line somewhere.  We chose to draw
it at 16, because 4x4 matrices were rather natural and important.

Just don't create your matrices like this if you need bigger ones.  Have a
look at the check directory and how large matrices are created in there
for inspiration.  Particularly, the Lewis-Wester test O, M1, M2 and maybe
some others.

Regards
<Richard.Kreckel at Uni-Mainz.DE>
<http://wwwthep.physik.uni-mainz.de/~kreckel/>