relational creation

Christian Bauer cbauer at thep.physik.uni-mainz.de
Mon May 20 23:04:25 CEST 2002

Hi!

On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 03:15:02PM -0500, Ben Sapp wrote:
> The question I have is if I am creating relationals using the "new" operator
> do I need to call the "->setflag(status_flags::dynallocated)" function?

Setting the dynallocated flag puts the object under the control of GiNaC's
garbage collection. This means it will be deleted automatically once the
last reference to that object (from an 'ex') disappears. And this is
probably what you want. If you don't set the dynallocated flag you have to
delete the object yourself eventually (and GiNaC will make 'dynallocated'
copies of it as it needs them).

Bye,
Christian

--