[GiNaC-list] Presumably...

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at thep.physik.uni-mainz.de
Fri Aug 6 14:47:44 CEST 2004

...the bottle of Champagne has already been emptied and the hangover is
gone.  This is because GiNaC release 1.2.2 has hit the FTP-server the day
before yesterday.  We apologize for not having sent out invitations for
the release party to the public.  Some of us simply couldn't afford
spending tons of money on beverages for the VIPs (like we usually do).
Anyways, here's the beef:

* Added const_preorder_iterator and const_postorder_iterator classes (and
  associated methods ex::pre/postorder_begin/end()) providing tree traversal
  with iterators.
* Fixed the LaTeX output of the varidx class.
* Fixed bugs in series expansion and complex conjugation.
* (p.i*p.i).get_free_indices() returns the correct result () instead of (.i).
* Symbolic functions without any eval(), evalf() etc. functions now work
  properly.
* integer_content(), content(), and primpart() now also work for polynomials
  with rational coefficients (calculating the LCM of coefficients'
  denominators).
* Added method matrix::rank().
* Added function resultant().
* Added integer_content() function to ginsh.

Enjoy!
   -richy.

(Christian, I got an idea: bottle party next time!)