[GiNaC-list] Python bindings to GiNaC (problem solved)

Matti Peltomäki ppv at fyslab.hut.fi
Tue Jan 11 20:26:05 CET 2005

Hi,

>> I wanted to check out the use of lsolve() inspired by check/exam_lsolve.cpp
> See also bin/check_lsolve.py in the PyGiNaC source tree.  It's basically
> a straight pythonization of the C++ code.

Yes. Thanks for the pointer.

>> Below is a short example showing what I did and which errors I got. I run
>> python as './run python2.3' in the root of pyginac source tree after having
>> succesfully built it with scons.
> I've got basically (exactly?) the same configuration as you, but I get
> this result instead:

So do I now. The problem turned out be my fault. I had upgraded GiNaC from
1.2.4 to 1.3.0 in the process of compiling PyGiNaC (after realising that it
was indeed needed) with the result that objects built against the earlier
version were left around. Without doing the same mistake again, I cannot
reproduce the odd behaviour anymore.

Thanks for the help. I would most probably have been looking in the wrong
direction without it.

Regards,
Matti

--
Matti Peltomaki, Undergraduate Research Assistant
Laboratory of Physics