[GiNaC-list] Re: ginac parsing from string issue

Jens Vollinga vollinga at physik.uni-wuppertal.de
Mon Jul 10 14:39:57 CEST 2006

Hi,

Sheplyakov Alexei schrieb:
> BTW, we have discussed similar problem with ginac 1.4 tests some time ago
> (see http://www.ginac.de/pipermail/ginac-list/2006-May/000835.html)
> You have (almost) convinced me of the compiler bug...

the latest SVN gcc also breaks. Disabling optimization when compiling
GiNaC makes the bug vanish (no matter what version).

But the interesting news is: I compiled bison version 2.3 and used it
for the compilation of GiNaC. That removes the bug also! Before I used
the installed bison version 1.85.

So my guess is, that bison has some issues with the new gcc 4.1. Can
anybody reproduce my findings?

Regards,
Jens