[GiNaC-list] The problem is between the chair and keyboard [Was: Results of GiNaC (& CLN) builds]

Sheplyakov Alexei varg at theor.jinr.ru
Mon Jul 17 13:06:51 CEST 2006

On Sun, Jul 16, 2006 at 07:04:40PM -0700, Richard Haney wrote:
> Building ginac has been a horrendous, labyrinthine exercise, and I
> finally have a successful build and "make check".

You should definitely read this:

and this:

WARNING! These pages *DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO* with GiNaC!
They try to give an idea how to ask questions the smart way.

> I had to do several fresh starts of ginac from .tar.bz2 to find out
> a workable use of the patch.
As usual,
patch -p0 < where/the_patch/is

P.S.
I used to build GiNaC on my ReactOS box every week. Needless to say,
standard

./configure && make && make check && make install

works just fine.

--
All science is either physics or stamp collecting.