[GiNaC-list] table and exhashmap

Sheplyakov Alexei varg at theor.jinr.ru
Mon Feb 19 07:03:22 CET 2007

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 19, 2007 at 01:58:10AM +0800, Jerome BENOIT wrote:

> I am afraid I have to specify my request:
> by function I meant GiNaC function
> (the one declared with DECLARE_FUNCTION_<N>P).

What about a list (GiNaC::lst) of relational objects, e.g.

DECLARE_FUNCTION_2P(foo)
static ex eval_foo(const ex& x, const ex& y)
{
	lst l;
	l = x == x + y/2, y == cos(x);
	return l;
}
REGISTER_FUNCTION(foo, eval_func(eval_foo))

> As the object exmap (or exhashmap<T>) is no an ex object,
> it cannot be returned by such a function.

Exactly, since most operations with expressions do not make any sense
for associative arrays. So I wonder why you want to treat associative
arrays as expressions.

Best regards,
 Alexei

--
All science is either physics or stamp collecting.