[GiNaC-list] Re: GiNaC on VS2005?

Alexei Sheplyakov varg at theor.jinr.ru
Fri Jan 18 07:35:37 CET 2008

Hello!

On Thu, Jan 17, 2008 at 09:02:18PM -0000, Bilokon, Paul wrote:

> Has anyone succeeded to build GiNaC on VS2005?
> If this question is unreasonable for whatever reason, sorry, please let
> me know.

I think this question is perfectly reasonable. Unfortunately, I can't
give a definitive answer, since I don't use that compiler myself. However,
I'd like to give some useful (although not very encouraging) information.
I doubt anyone ever done it, since CLN (the bignum library GiNaC uses)
fails to compile on window$ as of now, even with GCC. Some issues will
be addressed in CLN 1.2 (to be released soon), however, the code is still
GCC specific. And this is not going to change unless someone submits
a patch.

Best regards,
	Alexei

--
All science is either physics or stamp collecting.