[GiNaC-list] cl_F_idecode.cc line 30 ?

Alexei Sheplyakov varg at theor.jinr.ru
Wed Jul 30 08:27:16 CEST 2008

Hello,

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 05:09:39PM -0500, Chris Bouchard wrote:

>"Internal error: statement in file
>./float/misc/cl_F_idecode.cc, line 30 has been reached!!
>Please send the authors of the program a description how you
>produced this error!"

It looks like invalid conversion of some numeric type to a (big)float.

> I've since been able to archive an expression whose length is
> ~1200 lines... I'm at a loss.

I don't think the length of the expression has anything to do with
your problem. In fact, I routinely (un)archive much bigger expressions
(from ~100 Mb to 2 Gb) without any problems.

Could you please insert the following code into your program

#include <cln/cln.h>
#include <cstdlib>
#include <execinfo.h>

namespace cln
{
	void cl_abort()
	{
		static const unsigned max_frames = 64;
		void* frames[max_frames];
		const unsigned actual_frames = ::backtrace(frames, max_frames);
		::backtrace_symbols_fd(frames, actual_frames, 1);
		std::abort();
	}
}

and post the output?

Best regards,
	Alexei

--
All science is either physics or stamp collecting.