[GiNaC-list] conjugates of power objects

Jens Vollinga jensv at nikhef.nl
Sun May 2 15:26:19 CEST 2010

Hi,

Am 30.04.2010 09:06, schrieb Richard B. Kreckel:
> I suggest to disable automatic evaluateion of conjugation where these
> kinds of problems can appear.
>
> Opinions?

I'd also switch the evaluation off for problematic cases. To keep things
simple, it would mean to switch it off for almost all kinds of power
objects, though.

I'd just keep it active for z^n, if z is a number or a symbol (or also a
polynomial, maybe?), and n is integer.

Checking the base for known functions and applying some knowledge about
the branch cut position is too tedious to implement, I think.

Regards,
Jens