[GiNaC-list] Term ordering and compiling C++ code

jros jros at unavarra.es
Thu May 13 16:31:48 CEST 2010

Hello,

Although I don't have a solution for your problem, as I'm myself
addressing similar problems
matching common subexpressions to variables, in down top manner, I think
that such a functionality
is implicitly implemented in GiNaC.

If I understand GiNaC internal structure correctly, subexpressions
common to two expresions,
are frequently  shared internally, to save memory.

So it must be possible to write a print algorithm that goes trough
an/some expression/s tree, and that replaces
every shared subexpression (let say sum product) with a variable, that
again is assigned a expression that would be printed
 in the same way using recursion.

Probably allowing/disallowing some kind automatic simplifications (so
that subexpression sharing expected value increases) can probably help
to obtain improved results.

I wonder what do the developers think about this.

Cheers,

Javier