[GiNaC-list] Bug in numer_denom?

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at ginac.de
Thu Nov 18 22:50:23 CET 2010

Hi!

On 11/18/2010 04:55 PM, Alexei Sheplyakov wrote:
>> On 11/10/2010 04:22 PM, Ernst Moritz Hahn wrote:
>>> Using git version of GiNaC, I get "out-git.txt". Here, braces are
>>> used in numerator and
>>> denominator, which also seems strange to me.
>
> Braces are OK. numer_denom returns a list consisting of numerator and
> denominator, and GiNaC prints lists as { element0, element1, ... elementN }.

Both results in the original post contained exactly one pair of curly
*braces*: They were both of the form {N, D}. I assume he meant round
*parenthesis*, of which there are many since edf1ae46a92 was committed.

> (there might be some more bugs in GCD code).

Sorry, I see now that you are right. The old and new computed numerators
differ by a factor 282901891126422365/highA. That factor certainly
shouldn't contain a highA. Also, computing the GCD of the original A and
B segfaults over here.

Cheers