[GiNaC-list] little optimization => lots of Memory usage

Cristobal Navarro axischire at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 19:47:33 CEST 2010

yes, it adds some memoery usage, but doing the math i found that it isnt too
much,

for the 8000x8000 problem, each string should be in the worst case length 21
(for example string s = "Ld0x1d2x3d4x5d6x7d8x9" ), assuming std::string is 1
byte per length unit:
stringMemory <= 21 bytes * 64M <=  1344Mbytes <= 1.3GB

i was considering the equivalent situation but for the expressions, which
now are 64M smaller ones compared to 8000 bigger ones from before
could it be that they use so much memory?