[GiNaC-list] set_TeX_name() ?

Dale Lukas Peterson hazelnusse at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 09:16:50 CET 2012

I see that there is a set_name method in the symbol class and was
wondering if there is a reason there is no set_TeX_name() method?  I
have a situation where I would like to declare a number of symbols,
all using the default constructor, but then would like to set the TeX
string of these symbols later.  It seems like this implementation
would work fine:

void set_TeX_name(const std::string & n) { TeX_name = n; }

Attached is a patch, if this implementation seems reasonable.

I'm not sure whether TeX_name should be mutable or not, it seems like
perhaps it also should be?

Thanks,
Luke

--
“People call me a perfectionist, but I'm not. I'm a rightist. I do
something until it's right, and then I move on to the next thing.”