[GiNaC-list] Sqrfree_parfrac Issue GiNaC

Konstantin Leyde konstantin.leyde at live.com
Wed Jul 22 20:16:49 CEST 2020

Hello,

My name is Konstantin Leyde, and I am a master student in physics at the ETH Zurich.

For my thesis project, I have been working with the GiNaC library, and I have encountered an issue with the partial fractioning (sqrfree_parfrac) routine:
Unless I misunderstood the way the sqrfree_parfrac routine works, it appears that for special cases, the output of the sqrfree_parfrac routine misses a numerical prefactor for one term, and thus returns the wrong answer.

Please find attached a pdf, that explains the problem in more detail.
In this pdf (as well as separately) we have attached the code that shows the issue.

Many thanks in advance,

Best wishes,
Konstantin