[GiNaC-list] Can GiNaC Solve Nonlinear Equations?

Vladimir V. Kisil V.Kisil at leeds.ac.uk
Sat Feb 10 13:00:24 CET 2024

    ME> CAUTION: External Message. Use caution opening links and
    ME> attachments.  Hi!  I am solving a problem that requires to solve
    ME> nonlinear equations like {x1^2+x2^2=u1, x1+x2=u2}. Can GiNaC
    ME> solve nonlinear equations like this?

    Out of the box GiNaC can solve a linear system of equations
  only. For my package I wrote a routine which is resolving a system of
  linear equations and at most one additional quadratic equation. I do
  not think my coding may serve as a model, but you can see it anyway at
  Section G.5.5 here:
  https://sourceforge.net/projects/moebinv/files/docs/figure.pdf
--
Vladimir V. Kisil                 http://www1.maths.leeds.ac.uk/~kisilv/