[GiNaC-list] Memory leaks

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at in.terlu.de
Tue Jul 30 09:56:07 CEST 2024

Hi,

On 7/30/24 9:24 AM, tstk3268 via GiNaC-list wrote:
> GiNaC seems to have memory leaks that show up in a no-op
> program under Windows/MSVC using the _CrtSetDbgFlag
> mechanism.
> This seems to be due to static initializers.
>
> Is this a known and intended feature?
>
> It makes developing a proper leak free application pretty difficult.

We're not aware of any progressive memory leak. But, yes, there's a
limited number of static initializer, mainly in the utils.cpp
translation unit that are only cleaned up when the program terminates.

If you want to monitor for memory leaks, you should just take this small
and constant offset into account.

All my best,
<https://in.terlu.de/~kreckel/>