[CLN-list] DLL for mingw?

David Bateman David.Bateman at motorola.com
Wed Oct 5 16:17:09 CEST 2005

I'm trying to build a DLL of CLN for mingw. I absolutely must have a DLL
as my use of CLN is with octave (www.octave.org) and with the lack of
symlinks under windows if I use a static library, CLN with be linked in
to all of the seperate octave functions, and the amount of disk used
with be enormous...

However, I have a problem of many many resolved symbols in CLN when
linking the DLL. I imagine the same problem must exist under cygwin as
well. A sample of the type of error message I'm getting are

exam.o(.text+0x133): In function
`Z41__static_initialization_and_destruction_0ii':
exam.cc:50: undefined reference to `global constructors keyed to
cl_module__cl_prin_globals__firstglobalfun'
exam_I.o(.text+0x96):e:/octave/build/bld/cln-1.1.9/tests/: undefined
reference to `cln::cl_I::cl_I(char const*)'
exam_RA.o(.text+0x96):e:/octave/build/bld/cln-1.1.9/tests/: undefined
reference to `cln::cl_RA::cl_RA(char const*)'

etc... Though I have hundreds of such unresolved symbols... Is there
something basic that I'm missing? Or are these really unresolved and the
problem only appears in the windows builds?

Regards
David

David Bateman                                David.Bateman at motorola.com
Parc Les Algorithmes, Commune de St Aubin    +33 1 69 35 77 01 (Fax)
91193 Gif-Sur-Yvette FRANCE

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only
[ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary