[CLN-list] Re: [cln] sparc64 and OpenBSD

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at ginac.de
Wed Nov 28 23:49:57 CET 2007

Hi Paul!

You wrote:
> Echo!

echo is on  :)

Sorry for the late answer, I've been traveling.

I've committed the .register %2,#scratch patch and the one for not
redefining cl_word_alignment to the main branch. The patch to mulu32 is
obsolete there. I intend to release CLN-1.2 before x-mas (yes, this
year), so I have little incentive to touch the CLN-1.x branch.

> This is the reason while I emailed you in the first place (I would've
> sent the entire patches when I would've finished). You see this file
> define a rather long table of multiplications that is valid while on any
> arch but sparc (be it sparc64 or sparc).
[...]

> It seems that this is generated by my former fix (the one I was
> inquiring about). I can't just remap a 64-bit to a 32-bit function so a
> devel will have to write an additional assembly routine for 64-bit
> sparc here:

Hmm, why not just drop the assembler support on sparc64 for these
polynomial functions?

Regards