[CLN-list] Re: [cln] sparc64 and OpenBSD

Paul Irofti bulibuta at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 09:14:38 CET 2007

On Wed, Nov 28, 2007 at 11:49:57PM +0100, Richard B. Kreckel wrote:
> Hi Paul!
>
> You wrote:
>> Echo!
>
> echo is on  :)
(-:

> Sorry for the late answer, I've been traveling.
>
> I've committed the .register %2,#scratch patch and the one for not
> redefining cl_word_alignment to the main branch. The patch to mulu32 is
> obsolete there. I intend to release CLN-1.2 before x-mas (yes, this year),
Thank you.

> so I have little incentive to touch the CLN-1.x branch.
>
>> This is the reason while I emailed you in the first place (I would've
>> sent the entire patches when I would've finished). You see this file
>> define a rather long table of multiplications that is valid while on any
>> arch but sparc (be it sparc64 or sparc).
> [...]
>
>> It seems that this is generated by my former fix (the one I was
>> inquiring about). I can't just remap a 64-bit to a 32-bit function so a
>> devel will have to write an additional assembly routine for 64-bit
>> sparc here:
>
> Hmm, why not just drop the assembler support on sparc64 for these
> polynomial functions?
Don't know, if its possible and it doesn't affect the codebase then do
it, afterwards I'll start retesting on sparc64 for porting.

cln entered the OpenBSD ports tree btw. I had sparc64 marked broken.
Currently trying to get GiNac as well, it should probably be in by the
end of the week (there seemed to be a problem with the test unit make
target as it took much longer than the former version to complete).