[CLN-list] const cl_LF operator- (const cl_LF& x, const cl_LF& y)

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at ginac.de
Wed Apr 2 23:13:45 CEST 2008

zhaoxinjian wrote:
>      I wrote that letter in order to discuss this problem.And in CLN-1.2.0,I find many "bugs" like this.

As far as I can see, you still haven't explained what the "problem"
actually is. Does it fail to compile or link? What's the diagnostic
message, then? Could you, please, elaborate?

>      Alexei Sheplyakov wrote:
>  >It *is* wrong, but [sometimes] it happens to work.

Ah, I understood the question as being skeptical about the diverging
implementations. And in this respect, it is *not* wrong. Looking at it
from the standard compliance perspective, though, I agree it's illegal.

>     I think so. In my opinion,CLN will be modified with the development of compiler GCC.So I suggest that CLN be updated in standard C++. And this will also improve the possibility of migration from GCC to other Compilers.

The thing is, that CLN will not be modified unless somebody
a) writes a patch and/or
b) explains how to find the bugs in a systematical way.

See, it happens to work just fine on all machines I tried and I'm not at
all inclined to read source code and check it for standard compliance
line-by-line.

Please, explain what's the matter, or, better, send us a patch.

Best wishes