cln/ginac under win32

Tilman Utz Tilman.Utz at studserv.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue Jan 16 02:34:41 CET 2001

Roland Richter schrieb:

>  Please, can you (or anyone else listening to the list) tell me
>
>  + what to do (and how long it will take)
>  + whether there are any files etc. downloadable anywhere
>
>    in order to get ginac running under win (preferably without
>  the cygwin-dll, i.e. in the way you described in your mail.)

Hi,
assuming, you have cygwin (dll-version 1.1.7, older ones didn't seem to work)
installed, cln 1.1, GiNaC 0.7.0 of course. Beyond that, you need the mingw-versions of
some libraries. The url, where to download them and some explanation, why you need
them can be found at
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/mno-cygwin-howto.txt just
install them as told in the how-to.

Next, I changed 2 files: replace, in your cygwin direcory, /usr/include/mingw/unistd.h
by /usr/include/unistd.h , then, insert /usr/include/mingw/process.h into
/usr/include/mingw/sys/unistd.h

Now I set the following compiler flags:
export CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/mingw32/include -mno-cygwin -I/usr/local/include"
export CXXFLAGS="-I/usr/local/mingw32/include -mno-cygwin -O2 -I/usr/local/include"
export LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/mingw32/lib -mno-cygwin -L/usr/local/lib"

./configure --disable-shared --without-gmp

I omitted gmp, didn't check out, if it works with the new cygwin dll...

make ....

for GiNaC:
./configure --disable-shared
make

Preparation shouldn't take no longer than half an hour, Building cln takes about 2
hours minimum, testing and installing again about half an hour.
Building GiNaC goes faster, but I still end up with an error building Ginsh, which
didn't seem to be too severe: Testing worked.

Well, that's it, hope I didn't miss anything, it's half past two, and I have to go to
bed, today, I'm writing an exam. Let me know, if you have any problems.

regards Tilman

-
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to ginac-list at ginac.de with a subject of "unsubscribe".