cln/ginac under win32

Tilman Utz Tilman.Utz at studserv.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue Jan 16 07:41:16 CET 2001

Tilman Utz schrieb:

> Roland Richter schrieb:
>
> >  Please, can you (or anyone else listening to the list) tell me
> >
> >  + what to do (and how long it will take)
> >  + whether there are any files etc. downloadable anywhere
> >
> >    in order to get ginac running under win (preferably without
> >  the cygwin-dll, i.e. in the way you described in your mail.)
>
> Hi,
> assuming, you have cygwin (dll-version 1.1.7, older ones didn't seem to work)
> installed, cln 1.1, GiNaC 0.7.0 of course. Beyond that, you need the mingw-versions of
> some libraries. The url, where to download them and some explanation, why you need
> them can be found at
> http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/mno-cygwin-howto.txt just
> install them as told in the how-to.
>
> Next, I changed 2 files: replace, in your cygwin direcory, /usr/include/mingw/unistd.h
> by /usr/include/unistd.h , then, insert /usr/include/mingw/process.h into
> /usr/include/mingw/sys/unistd.h
>
> Now I set the following compiler flags:
> export CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/mingw32/include -mno-cygwin -I/usr/local/include"
> export CXXFLAGS="-I/usr/local/mingw32/include -mno-cygwin -O2 -I/usr/local/include"
> export LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/mingw32/lib -mno-cygwin -L/usr/local/lib"
>
> ./configure --disable-shared --without-gmp
>
> I omitted gmp, didn't check out, if it works with the new cygwin dll...
>
> make ....
>
> for GiNaC:
> ./configure --disable-shared
> make
>
> Preparation shouldn't take no longer than half an hour, Building cln takes about 2
> hours minimum, testing and installing again about half an hour.
> Building GiNaC goes faster, but I still end up with an error building Ginsh, which
> didn't seem to be too severe: Testing worked.

I just made all these steps again, to see, if it's really working for me, and I now recall
why I get this error with Ginsh: The configure script didn't find the headers for
libreadline. They are on my system, but when I set their path to the compiler flags, I got
some strange compilation error I didn't understand so far, so I preferred a working Ginac
without Ginsh.

-
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to ginac-list at ginac.de with a subject of "unsubscribe".